If ever there is a place with an enchanted fairytale atmosphere it is the original 18th century beech walk at Williamstown. Seen through its twilit aisle of contorted branches a path, bordered with clouds of blue nepeta and leading to a blaze of ...
The Curragh Golf Club, founded in 1883, has the oldest Golf Course in Ireland dating from 1852. it is an 18 hole par 72 heathland course over undulating terrain. The Curragh, a plain of over 4,700 acres, is owned by the Department of Defenc ...
For centuries, the hill where Avon Rí is now located looked out over a valley created by the Liffey and King's River. Avon Rí has taken its name from the latter and now looks out of the Blessington Lakes – a reservoir created ...
Trim Castle is the largest Anglo-Norman castle in Ireland and was built over a thirty years by Hugh de Lacy and his son Walter. The Castle site was chosen because it is on raised ground, overlooking a fording point over the River Boyne and was us ...
Barberstown Castle has been occupied continuously for over 400 years and, despite its many additions - including a new accommodation wing - it has retained a sense of history. There are Church of Ireland and Catholic churches close by in Straffan ...
There are currently no comments
Leave a comment
Not a member? Register for your free membership now!
Or leave a comment by logging in with: